Update for members

We are seeking further clarification of today’s Scottish Government announcement in regard to the extension of the lockdown in Central Scotland for a further week until Monday 2 November.

It does appear that Greenacres will be unable to open until Monday 2 November at the earliest, but we will confirm this to you as soon as we obtain official confirmation.

Meantime we are closing on Thursday till Saturday to carry out some experiments in regard to operating as efficiently as possible having regard for the overall energy consumption at Greenacres. This is in preparation for a potential decision ahead as to whether we continue with our ice in place or whether we are forced to remove it.

It is not our intention to stop curling at this time until we are in a clearer position in regard to whether we can open for business from 2 November. We are using the current position to obtain information on our energy costs to al-low us to make informed decisions in the next few weeks and months.I thought it would be helpful to provide you with this information in case there was any confusion over the next few days.

We will open on Sunday morning for both the junior clubs and then practice etc. for the sessions from 12.30pm as in previous weeks.

Thank you for your continuing patience and support.